second annual Adventure KAL - join now, you can totally catch up with the knit-a-long!
- like a mystery KAL, but with more adventure!
- join the leethal knitters ravelry group to get in on the KAL forums
- make choices as you go to end up with a totally one-of-a-kind finished piece
- choose from 6 different shapes; some shapes can be made as different items (there are 10+ item possibilities)
- there will be a total of 24 different stitch patterns
- all shapes/patterns can be made in any weight yarn, any size
- use a solid color throughout, with optional contrasting colors
- all stitch patterns are written and charted
- you'll get extra surprise things (as extra pdfs) to go with the KAL
- pattern will be given as a printable folding booklet as well as normal pdf format
See the first Adventure Knitting's page for details about the folding book format, with a video showing/talking more about Adventure Knitting, much of which will apply to this year's as well.
Once you join the KAL at any point, you'll automatically receive emails (and ravelry messages) with download links to every new pdf that's released, including the complete ebook at the end.
- Available for pre-order beginning July 1st
- August 14th: Setup mini-section released
- August 21st: Section 1 released
- August 28th: Section 2 released
- September 4th: Section 3 released
- Complete ebook will be released shortly after the KAL ends.
- KAL-ers will receive extra pdfs in between the pattern section releases.
Notes about materials and skills
- all items/shapes can be made in any weight yarn
- yardage needed will depend on your yarn weight, item choice, and desired size - because of all these factors, there will not be precise yardage estimates given, but the patterns will be written in a way to help you use up all your yardage and not run out (a way you can estimate your yardage needed is to decide on a weight, and an approximate desired size, and then look at yardages of other patterns in that weight/size)
- needle size recommended depends on your desired drape - for most items, your yarn's recommended needle size should be good, but if you're making an item that you want to be extra loose/drapey, use a needle a couple sizes larger than the recommended size
- all shapes/items are knit flat, using increases/decreases for shaping
- some items/shapes are more complex than others, and same with the stitch patterns, so difficulty ranges adventurous beginner to experienced intermediate
- in order to fully take part in all elements of the knit-a-long you'll need to print out some pages, but you can do all the knitting without printing anything
self-published as knit-a-long beginning in July 2014
$14 to join now
All parts of the KAL have been released, so you'll now get all the pdfs to follow along from beginning to end; then you'll receive the complete ebook (all info together in one pdf file) soon!